Power of Authentic – What Does It Mean To You?
During a twitter chat and the word ‘ authentic ’ came up, a really powerful word, which led to this blog.
What does it mean to you?
Does it mean ‘Peace & Energy’?
This might sound conflicting, so let me explain.
When you know what your authentic self looks like, you often find more peace. Why?
By knowing yourself better you will naturally more often:
- do more things that make you happy
- be yourself and relax around others
- be less concerned about judgement and the approval of others
- have better relationships
- attract similar people
- be more confident
- feel better about all that is you
It also allows you to make more positive, proactive choices and decisions.
Personal life changes can include:
- how much & who you share your time with (relationships, family, friends, colleagues)
- lifestyle choices (wealth, children, home, pets etc)
- tweaking or reducing behaviours that aren’t helpful
- extra-curricular activities and ‘you’ time
- changes to exercise or diet
Business life changes can include:
- changing the way your team or the business view you
- strengthening relationships
- improving time management
- attracting compatible clients/customers
- attracting or choosing the right role or career for you
- building a much more effective marketing strategy (internally and/or externally) because it will genuinely reflect you and, where applicable, your business
Less internal conflict = fewer mixed messages internally + externally = more peace
So where does the energy come from?
Isn’t it exhausting when you have to ‘pretend’? When there is confusion & conflict? By reducing this you suddenly have new energy reserves because that drain is dramatically reduced.
Then, something even better happens!
An extra energy boost comes from being happier with yourself. By focusing on doing things you love, being with people you want to be with, and more, it energises, inspires, drives and motivates you!
Is being authentic easy? Some find it easier than others for many reasons. Either way, life changes and so do you. Occasionally reflecting on what is authentic you, and making sure your actions and choices fit with that, is important.
Go ahead and have think about ‘authentic you’ (or your authentic business). Draw a picture, mind map, free-write, create a poem, whatever works for you. Do it and then post it somewhere for you to see. Go public if you want! Enjoy being you.
I aim to create life changing moments. A moment, where something ‘clicks’, creating energy (motivation or inspiration) or calm (understanding or acceptance). Sometimes these ‘click’ moments can be tiny changes, yet create amazing ripples.
Coaching can create amazing change for individuals in their personal or business lives. The best way to know how coaching works is to try it! Apply for your complimentary session here..
Simona is a professional coach, mentor, speaker and lawyer. Motivated individuals work with Simona to be be successful in their career and feel fulfilled in life. She also works with organisations to increase efficiency, profitability and wellbeing.